Two of the 17 Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential aspirants have been disqualified by the opposition’s screening committed chaired by David Mark.
Bayelsa Times correspondent that both aspirants whose names were withheld are to forfeit the N80 million with which they bought the expression of interest and nomination forms.
The party is yet to disclose the names of the aspirants.
Mark announced the development after the screening exercise on Friday, April 29.
Mark said that the report of the panel would be forwarded to the National Working Committee (NWC) for consideration later.
“We’ve been very thorough this time around. See how much time we’ve taken to screen each individual who has been here.
”We screened 17 aspirants, which is quite a number. We cleared 15, two have not been cleared,” he said.
The PDP had earlier released a list of 16 males and one female for the screening exercise.
The list has four serving governor’s, four former governors , a former vice president, two president of senate, a veteran journalist and other technocrats.
Those that made the list were; Atiku Abubakar
Anyim Pius Anyim
Aminu Waziri Tambuwal
Oliver Tariela Diana
Mazi Sam Ohuabunwa
Ugwu Charles Okwudili
Ndukwe Cosmos C.